8 Reasons why you should bring an extra shirt



Whenever I can, I always bring with me an extra shirt. It’s a habit that stuck with me ever since I was younger and would go to friend’s houses. With all the stuff and ruckus that entails being a kid back then, an extra shirt was essential.

Fast forward to today, I still bring an extra shirt with me (my favorite printed T-shirt) for the following reasons:

  1. Off with that sweaty shirt - Let’s face it. Being a guy means we sweat at the slightest of actions. That’s normal. But on those days when the air is humid and the weather is just plain hot, we sweat more than the usual especially when outside. Solution? Bring an extra shirt or two before going out.
  2. Coffee and other beverage spills - Don’t you just hate it when you’re all dressed up and a simple sip from your drink results in the unfortunate spill? If it’s a small, inconspicuous stain, that’s cool. But a half-cup of coffee on your tummy area? No, no, no. Better get that extra shirt now.
  3. Gym clothes extra - Some days, you just feel like going to the gym. Having an extra shirt handy allows you to be ready even after work.
  4. Can’t go home yet - The occasional overtime or drinks after work is unavoidable, so make sure you’re still looking fresh by changing into your spare clothes.
  5. Help someone - Ever had your shirt borrowed? I have. Plenty of times. A friend who needs it for a quick change after partying or a game of basketball. Or maybe he messed up his shirt for some unfortunate reason. It’s a pay-it-forward thing to me, sometimes, I’m the one who needs it.
  6. Makes you ready to go have fun - Don’t let the idea of getting dirty or sweating a lot get in the way of having fun! If you want to go do stuff that requires a bit of strenuous action, just do it. This is one of the best reasons why bringing an extra shirt is indispensable.
  7. Impromptu Party -  It happens. A co-worker gets promoted. Your pal’s birthday bash. A quick karaoke session after work. Freshen up a bit by changing into your extra shirt. Better yet, bring 1-2 extra printed T-shirts. Not only does it freshen you up, it also serves as your backup in case the unfortunate beer spills happen.
  8. Rainy day - I remember being soaked wet during commutes when the sudden downpour of heavy rain unfortunately happens. I never carry an umbrella. So instead of worrying about working on wet clothes in the office the whole day, I simply change upon arrival. Or you can do it the other way around and change to your extra shirt and wear your work clothes upon getting in the office.

Comments

Popular Posts